Price Run Pool HouseWilmington, Delaware
Client: City of Wilmington – Department of Parks and Recreation
‘Green’ design features include:
- Reduced need for artificial lighting by introducing natural daylight through clerestory as well as conventional windows
- Natural ventilation using the chimney effect that introduces outside air through louvers at the base of the exterior wall and exhausts warm air with roof fans, eliminating the need for air conditioning
- Green roof low maintenance vegetation, providing added insulation and reducing storm water runoff
- Roof mounted solar panels that will produce more electricity than the building uses, enabling the city to sell the renewable power back to the utility grid
- All materials including paints,
vinyls, benches, and toilet partitions have low or no greenhouse gas producing volatile organic compounds (VOC).
- Most of the materials have significant recycled content.
- The application for LEED certification is in preparation.
For durability and low maintenance, Price Run Pool House has concrete block walls and precast concrete roof plank. With its water theme, the colored stucco lends color and excitement to the exterior.
Architect and Structural Engineer of Record Stantec, Inc
The project’s designer, Michael Lukshides, its architect, Jay N. Cooperson, and its structural engineer, Frederick S. Roland are now
Award Winning Design
International Facilities Management Association, Delaware Chapter
Green Building Award
Price Run Pool House – Pool Entrance
Price Run Pool House – Side
Price Run Pool House – Rear Entrance
Price Run Pool House – Front
Price Run Pool House – Pool Area
1504 North French Street Wilmington DE, 19801 Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday thru Friday
Member of the American Institute of Architects
Phone: 302.655.1105 Fax: 302.655.1139 firstname.lastname@example.org